Solution Providers Program
Terms and Condition to join the Movicon Solution Providers' Program.
Terms and Conditions
Certification by Progea authorizes the certified company to provide support, consultation and design services for the Movicon software product on demand by the end user, and authorises the use of the product name and brand as well as the certifying company name.
The present certification, which has the duration of 1 year, is dependent on observance of the following standards and conditions:
- To obtain certification, the applicant must demonstrate at least two significant applications implemented with Movicon, to be inspected by Progea technicians under conditions of non-disclosure. As a secondary requirement, the company must demonstrate its technical competence in the following areas:
Design using the SCADA object-oriented graphics environment.
Familiarity with Win7/XP.
Knowledge of the PLC instruction list language or VBA.
Theoretical knowledge of the Movicon system, including at least one day of training by Progea. Knowledge of ODBC, DBMS, C, C++, C# Language or Visual Basic.
- The Solution Provider will guarantee the professionalism of the services provided to applicants for information and consultancy regarding the Movicon software product.
- The Solution Provider will safeguard the good name of the Movicon product and its producer Progea.
- The Solution Provider is authorised by the producer Progea to use the Movicon and Progea names at their discretion, even for commercial purposes, within the limits set by the other points of this certification.
- The Solution Provider will supply companies with all relevant technical information and quotes regarding applications within 10 days at the most. Should the Solution Provider be unable or unwilling to respond to an application, he must notify Progea immediately and submit the applicant's data to their attention.
- The Solution Provider agrees that Progea is in no circumstances liable for problems deriving from relations between applicant companies and the Solution Provider himself, even if the problem should be attributable to the Movicon product. In such cases the terms of the product user license obtain.
- The Solution Provider authorises Progea to include his name in the list of certified companies which Progea will provide to applicants, and which may be published at Progea's discretion by any means Progea deems suitable, to which the certified company may make no objection or claim. The authorisation for publication of personal and other data is in compliance with the provisions of Italian Law 675/97.
- The Solution Provider will be able to purchase the Movicon product at favourable terms, as established by Progea or its official distributor. The terms, which are in any case better than the standard terms, will be established on the basis of the type of collaboration or purchase schedule.
- Progea reserves the right to revoke the certification of the Solution Provider at its own incontestable discretion at any time. By the same token the Solution Provider may revoke its participation in the program at any time at its own request. The revocation will be by means of written communication between the parties.
- The Solution Provider will keep up to date with product developments via the update program promoted by Progea, in accordance with the schedules and means notified at least 30 days in advance.
- Progea reserves the right to revoke the denomination "Solution Provider" at any time at its own incontestable discretion, in the event that the conditions for taking part to the initiative are no longer fulfilled.
- The revocation will be notified by fax.
- The Solution Provider may revoke its participation in the program at any time by fax to Progea. The relative entry will be deleted from the next issue of the catalogue.
- Movicon Solution Providers will receive a certificate and a qualification logo for use in their own commercial literature and for the uses envisaged by established legislation.
- The dates of technical update courses will be notified by fax at least 30 days in advance.
- The certification has duration of 1 year and must be renewed by the issuing company after verification that the applicant satisfies the conditions for renewal.
Progea's customer base
In light of the success Movicon is experiencing, Progea is concentrating all its investments in the Movicon production and back-up and related product lines. This means that Progea's core business is the product and its customers are the system integrators, being the design studios and the automation manufacturers in general. This is why Progea has not presented itself on the market as a System Integrator.
Due to its production capabilities and experience, Progea presents itself as a manufacturer, providing customer services with its Systems as qualified and competent partners and not just Integrators. This has proved to be essential in facing everyday problems in the world of automation and specific customer requirements. The not-so-expert integrator can count on the Progea technicians, who are trained to solve even the most obsure and unusual problems and to cover temporary internal staff shortages. This means there is never any need to use external suppliers who might also happen to be competitors. In certain cases Progea partners are vital and seen as an added advantage for providing solutions to technical and sale requests.